If you are thinking about or planning a kitchen/bath remodel, the following information will be helpful in refining some of the design considerations for your project. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call.
- INITIAL MEETING: The first meeting is by appointment at our showroom and generally takes 1 hour. Together we will review rough drawings, blueprints and magazine photographs collected. If the client doesn’t have drawings, feel free to take rough measurements so we can prepare a rough quote. We will examine wood species, door styles and specifications.
- PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL REVIEW MEETING: During the second meeting, we will meet at the showroom to review the Preliminary Pricing Proposal which is an exact price on the initial design presented based on information gathered during the initial meeting. If you are satisfied with the estimate, we move to the Design Phase. There are no charges for the initial two meetings.
- AGREEMENT: To begin the design phase, Phinney Ridge Cabinet Company requires a signed Design and Sales Agreement and a 10% non-refundable retainer fee based on the estimate pricing disclosed in the Preliminary Pricing Proposal. The 10% retainer fee is applied to the cost of your cabinetry.
- SITE VISIT & INCEPTION OF DRAWINGS: At the third meeting, the designer will come to your home, measure the existing space, discuss appliance selection and define detail design requirements. If the space is not finished, we can still begin the detail design process though will need to re-measure the space once the walls are in.
- INITIAL DETAIL DESIGN REVIEW MEETING: At the fourth meeting, we will prepare floor plans and elevations of the proposed design. The client will now see the new space coming alive! In the design review we solicit feedback on the design, door styles, wood species, style and functionality of the design. Detailed information gathered during this meeting will be used in order to arrive at the design of your dreams!
- FINAL DESIGN REVIEW MEETING: At the fifth meeting, the designer will review any revisions of the design. This step will be repeated until we have achieved the desired design.
- FINAL DESIGN REVIEW AND SIGN OFF: Once the desired design is completed and approved, we will prepare the Final Pricing and Specification Approval. The final layout and elevation drawings, cabinetry specifications and final pricing are reviewed and signed off, enabling the cabinetry to begin the Delivery Phase.
- ORDER PLACEMENT: When you are ready to place your order, a fifty percent remaining balance deposit is required in order to get the custom cabinetry into Build Process.
- BUILD PROCESS: Our Project Manager orders and oversees all phases of the cabinetry build and delivery. You will be kept up to date on the progress through frequent status reports. Lead time for the build process varies greatly between supplies though is generally between 6 and 12 weeks.
- FINAL PAYMENT AND DELIVERY: The Project Manager will coordinate shipping and site delivery. The remaining balance of the cabinetry is due two days prior to the shipment from the selected cabinetry manufacturer. The Project Manager will be on-site (local deliveries only) to ensure all cabinetry arrived as specified, provide installation documentation, and assist with any questions or issues during the cabinetry installation.